Waiting for Harry

Weblog for Robbin Koenig (known in the SCA as Broinnfinn inghean ui Chathain, or just plain Bri.)

Wednesday, April 26, 2006

The Secret Diaries...

Like I said, I don't use this blog much since I started my "myspace" blog. The Myspace blog, while not as elegant, is a bit easier to maintain. But I am discovering the utility of multiple blogs. I actually have four - but I am not saying where they all are.

Sometimes I have things I just need to get off my chest that the myspace forum is a little too "public" for. Probably 95% of the time, there is really nothing I would say that I wouldn't say to the face of the person involved. The other 5% of the time are cases where:

1. I know I am probably being unfair and biased, but need to vent.

2. I am working things through in my head and need a place to test out ideas where nobody is taking anything as gospel. I think out loud - well, I think through my fingers. Writing is my way of seeing my ideas and turning them over and shaking them and testing the arrangment. Unfortunately, some folks get bent by my experimentation.

3. Nobody else but me is interested - sometimes it's about my job, my adoration for my kid, things that get old to a "captive" audience.

So this blog is my cheap substitute for therapy. I know that my Diaryland blog is probably a better forum, but the format annoys me.

So, Here I Am.

Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Many miles since then...

If you notice the date on my last post, it's 10 days before my life changed forever. A little lady named Katrina blew through my happy little existance, dropped me like a stone in Arkansas, and blew out. Harry's room, documented in those earlier, happier posts, is now sitting on a pile of debris in a landfill somewhere, along with the dreams of countless other families in New Orleans:

Harry, thank God, is quite safe, and has been the little boy that has been the shining light at the end of my tunnel.

Since the great displacement, I keep another blog at http://www.myspace.com/broinnfinn. I update that pretty regularly. But I am keeping this blog open. It has become a bit more personal, someplace I am keeping to put down the raw sorrows and joys of a life interrupted. Stay tuned.